I am honored to have been nominated for the Liebser Award by Gator Woman who writes a wonderful blog about wildlife and conservation, topics I, myself, am very interested in.
About the Award:
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 5 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
11 Random Facts:
1. I hope to travel to all 7 continents before I die and visit as many countries as possible.
2. Turtles (specifically sea turtles) are my absolute favorite animal.
3. I love camping but don’t get to do it nearly enough.
4. I have an adorable and weird dog, Gizmo, who is a beagle mix and who I love like he is my son.
5. I also have a pet turtle who is about a year and a half old and about 3 inches long. He is creatively named Little Turtle.
6. I used to love flying in airplanes but because of a storm and drop while flying home from Costa Rica last summer, I pretty much hold my breath every time I have to fly. I love traveling, though, so there isn’t a lot I can do about it.
7. I love working with animals and hope to work with as many types in as many places as possible.
8. I spent the first 21.5 years of my life living in Missouri.
9. I love all animals but for some reason I have a small irrational fear of domestic house cats even though I had a really nice one growing up. Not all cats, but some can be pretty mean from my experience!
10. When I start something new or get interested in something new, I often times will become obsessed with it for a little while.
11. I am born and raised a trekkie thanks to my dad. I am obsessed with Star Trek and hope to meet as many members of the casts of The Original Series and The Next Generation as possible. So far I have sadly met none.
My nominations are:
1. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be?
A hippo- they’re so darn cute!
2. What is your worst cooking disaster?
I don’t actually have any big cooking disaster stories. I have many-a-time forgoten I was cooking something only to find it burned to a crisp in the oven hours later.
3.What is your favorite song?
” Let it be ” by The Beatles.
4. What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
Traveling to Australia when I was 13 for three weeks without my parents. I went with an organization called People to People Student Ambassadors. I had the time of my life, learned so much, and realized that while I obviously love my family, I could be strong and independent on my own.
5. Who is your favorite athlete?
David Freese- Cardinals baseball player who graduated from a high school in the same school district as my own.
6. Describe yourself in 5 words:
Wildlife, conservation, and nature enthusiast.
7. If you had a time machine where would you go?
I would go into the future, attend Starfleet Academy, and explore space learning and discovering.
8. What’s your favourite sport to watch?
I’m originally from St. Louis so I am definitely a baseball girl.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why?
To China, I really want to see wild pandas before it’s too late. I have visited all of the zoos in the US with pandas except one.
10. What’s your favorite color?
11. What’s your favourite quote?
My favorite quote is from Agent K in Men In Black:
“A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.”
To those I nominated for this award, please use the same questions I answered.